The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 26g Bowfront Up And Running, and I found a Oddesea 298w Metal Halide/T-5HO Fixture for 129 pebbles!Good Deal, I have read Great Views on the Product.It has 1, 250w Metal Halide, and 2, 24w T-5HO Actinics.Will This Be To Much?Seems Like it would be alot for a 20" deep Tank.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
It's not too much light... but you may have to be careful acclimating a new coral to the high light situation. The other thing to worry about is how to deal with the heat from that much energy especially if you have neither a chiller or a sump.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, Heat was my other concern, I know fans may not cut it, I was going to place it 12"-16" above the surface of the water.I have seen people do that with fans and haven't had temp fluctuations.But Who Knows.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
A watt is a measure of total energy. Some of it is heat and some light. Whether or not fans will cover it will depend greatly on ambient room temp and humidity. A cool dry room with a fan will generate a great deal of evaporative cooling (and need for top off water). If the room your tank is in is already 90F and humid it will be tough to cool with a fan.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My house stays at 67F-69F Degrees, at very little humidity, other than the tank evaporation humidity.Where does that put me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts