The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting wierd flack trying to log onto IRC, its telling me I am a bot and not allowed, it must really hate my ISP cause even sneaking in thru Java gets me busted:(

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Your IP range was pegged for being a bot... That's the trouble with using a public server... ;)

Send an e-mail to the IRC admins... They must have found the bots....

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
problem is I cant access an email from IRC, that screen shot is just one , its banned me froma shotload of xnet servers

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
In IRC, servers piggyback to form a redundant network... One is not banned from a single server on a network, one is banned from the network itself..

He technically could join onto a seperate network, but the #thereeftank channel will not be the same as the one on XNet... It's kine of like posting to this forum vs. posting at RC....

Although the sites may be colocated on multiple servers, the domain (or in IRC terms "network") is totally seperate...

·
Registered
2 Posts
sometimes the world of irc sucks. You were identified as being infected with the fizzer worm. since you have a dynamic address it may have been the user of the addy before you. the klines have been removed.

if you are in fact infected the bots will find you again quickly. so do go to your favorite av site like mcafee.com which will give you a free scan and read up on fizzer here http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=100295 .

the good news is that klines now include the [email protected] addy to speed up getting things sorted.

see you about.

pam

·
Registered
852 Posts
Pam, ... WELCOME to TRT!

Nice to see another reefer from Ottawa. Are you coming to the next club meeting? pm me if you want details. :)

Cherry

·
Registered
37 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
He technically could join onto a seperate network, but the #thereeftank channel will not be the same as the one on XNet... It's kine of like posting to this forum vs. posting at RC....
Here's a stretch. Connect to IRC via irc.orblivion.com like I suggested. Then try to connect to #thereeftank.

Take two pills, call me in the morning with your results.

:dance:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well Doug I must be "worm" free as I got on! Hope the issue gets resolved soon for ya! What's chat without you?:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.