The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Tank's cycled, fuzzy algae growing on the rocks, pH 8.2 Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10-20. I figure I'll be ok to add the cleanup crew in the next 2-3 weeks. I was going to order from IPSF and their 9 for $99 deal. I don't want to overload my tank right off the bat, so I was going to split the package with a friend. Any advice on which stuff I should go for that would be most beneficial to start with?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Yep I would say you are ready,get whatever you like some like snails some like crabs some dont,I like them all a variety.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
bearpaw: the IPSF pack is good stuff! i'd suggest getting the live sand activator and/or wondermud as one of your choices. each kit comes with pods and worms (and some hermits or snails if i'm not mistaken). great value. i would also not get bristle worms. there's enough of them in the LSA.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I would not split the 9 for 99 from IPSF. You will be just fine putting all of it in your reef tank! I would not get hermits as they kill your snails and are a nusiance to corals, etc.

I have lots of bristle worms which to me is one of the most beneficial critters of your infauna!!:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
6 Baby Bristle Worms (captive-bred),
6 SandBed Clams (captive-bred),
6 Nerite Grazers,
6 Adult Strombus Grazers (captive-bred),
6 MicroHermits,
Reef Amphipods (20+ specimens),
Sand Activator (includes live sand, 6 Grazing snails, 6 MicroHermits and tiny worms)
N-Reducer
Long feather calerpa or wonder mud depending if you want macro algae in your tank.

All of this in a small tank is fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice! Will be ordering soon...

·
Registered
61 Posts
i didn't mean to suggest that bristle worms are not beneficial for your tank. they definitely are. just wanted to say that when i ordered my kit a few years ago, there were quite a lot bristles in the LSA and wondermud already. if i had known that, i would have used the additional slot to order more of a variety of things.

additional observations: the sandbed clams don't seem to live long; the nerites will crawl out of your tank. the strombus grazers reproduce very well.

just sharing my experiences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.