The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just wanted to say Hi, I have just joined and have looked through the forums and there is a wealth of information and a great feeling of friendliness.

I live on the South Coast of N.S.W Australia around three hours south of Sydney in the bush, right on the coast.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Welcome to TRT Jim!!! :dance: :beer: :dance:

good to have ya here, and yep, we try to keep it nice and friendly round here :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
G'Day to ya and welcome to TRT! Glad to have another member from "Down Under"! Hope you enjoy your stay here and ask questions if you have them and share your experiences and what size tank do you have or plan on setting up?:)

·
Super Moderator
22,410 Posts
Welcome Jim!:dance: :dance:

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
WELCOME~~

What type of fish is that on the left hand side? You have a beautiful tank...

J.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not 100% sure, I caught 4 of them out the front of my house right under my wharf and they where about the size of your little finger nail, you can see another one just to the right of the catalaphylia.
Thanks for the nice compliment :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Beautiful tank :)

Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Good day mate glad to have ya from the land down under. Your tank is sweeet:) :beer:

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
and a hearty welcome from the Upstate of South Carolina !!

Beautiful tank, Jim!! Those of us that are land locked really do lust over the tanks of members that can just reach out and pick up whatever ;)

Love and hugs to you from TRT :D :D

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!!!

Man, it must be awesome to live in the bush down under.... :D

Great looking tank and welcome aboard!!! :)

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Welcome JIM :D
Buzzz whats with the Marine fascination with being in the bush?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the hearty welcome :beer:

I'm a long way south of the Great Barrier Reef, but the warm summer currents bring a lot of "lost" tropicals down this way, there is no hard corals in my local water but many soft corals.

And believe me, you might be fascinated by Australia and the bush, but it works both ways, when I see peoples whereabouts as Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Montana etc etc...................... I would love to get over and travel the States, I'm a civil war buff and also a western buff. ( Have to be carefull with buff, cause it sounds like boof and over here boofhead is good for a laugh)LOL

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
G'Day Mate! Very beautiful tank and love those two fish you caught! Can you get an ID on them? Do you belong to the reef forum called RATW(Reefing the Austrialian Way)? Again welcome to TRT!:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts