The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok tank is running smooth, today I received 80lbs kaelini uncured from Dr. mac.. great stuff. It appears I am going to need another 20 or lbs of rock..any comments on my aquascape ...this is the first one...and I am pleased so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 65 galon, I am not positive I need more rock..I just want to fill the tank more vertically.. I plan to keep SPS and softies....so I am thinking I want to get some corals closer to the light

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
congrats on the new tank, looks really nice!

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Try to give yourself some room at the bottom to get in the and scrape the glass real good... If the rock is too close, you will end up with nasty algae spots that you can't get to....

·
Registered
565 Posts
One thing to remember a lot of your corals are going to come on their own rock and they will fill up the void quickly. I have a 90 gallon with a 35 Gallon sump and I have over 150lbs of rock and have run out of room to put stuff. Oh well I guess I need to get a bigger tank..Oh honey I need that 180 Gallon RR Tank for Christmas. ;)

Earl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.