The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some boards on the net make sorta a big deal about safety of the aquarist and other's don't. Guess it depends on if you have kids or not? Or maybe if you've been poisoned before? Don't know - maybe it's the smoker mentality? Guess if you smoke cigarettes you don't really care if that zoo's in your tank could kill you? Well it's not really a zoo, but you might think that it is.

Well I don't smoke, and expend some little effort for maintaining my health, so I (for one) want to know if something in my tank can hurt me. And since I wanted to know, I figure there might be others that want to know as well.

For me - it's like knowing about black window spiders. A black window spider bite won't kill a grown person, but you don't want to go through the excruciatingly painful experience if you are an adult. And if you're a kid it could in fact kill you. So I, for one, appreciate knowing to avoid them.

A warning about toxicity. A MUST read.

… and will never put my hand in the tank again unless I'm wearing gloves.

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
aye verry classic link, and well worth the read for folks who like to play with their pets bare handed :)

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
just cause i have completely covered myself with welts, spots, and made myself queezy a few times does not make me careless! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts