The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks im interested in adding some coral to my fowlr and am looking for some suggestions. My tank is about a year old its a 180 gallon rr aga with a current skimmer and a proclear 4 refugium i just purchased a hamilton technology light system with 3 10k 250watt mh and 2 96 watt power compacts. any suggestions would be great. thanks, chuck

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
well start of with leathers and zoos the you could keep lps ( frogspawn torch hammer sun coral flower pot coral etc) then if those do good you could try sps(montiporas acros birdsnest etc)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello thanks for the reply. im near parsippany. i have a Blonde naso tang, a miniatus grouper, lyre tail anthias, 2 maroon clowns an osolarus? [nemo clown].a spiny urchin, a banded cat shark. and a snowflack moray. plus assorted snails and hermits. IM not very particular about the corals, and not very experienced so i thought i wood get some ideas . thanks for the ideas so far.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I live my candy cane coral, so many different colors sizes and textures of mushrooms, rics of course, and great leathers-especially the toad stool. just start slowly and enjoy each piece as you get them. This is where it gets really fun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stuff i read says not reef safe but mostly says it will only eat the ornimental shrimp and small fish of witch i have non. so i think i may be safe???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts