The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John you said that you did not want to do anything but writing code and that you did not want to do the designing of the forum and that is all I have done. I only have about 8 hours of work into it so its not that big of a deal

Do out have anything on what yo where going to do

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
i have been trying to contact chinapet with no luck
the plan is to add a forum link on that site
I know he is really busy, but you (the club) has to remember "he" has paid for this site since its inception. If the club is not interested in keeping the site up, Then someone needs to contact "Michael" and let him know to take it down.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have been communicating with Mike about the webpage. We want to update the site Sandy, thats all. And unless he really wants to. I was going to take it over so he does not have to keep doing that. I can host the site for the club.

Chris:
I do not design websites but the forums do not need to be designed.. You just code them into the website. Created with php.. No need to purchase or setup forums on another site.

·
It's Happy Hour Somewhere
569 Posts
Hi guys and gals,
Sandy reached out to me about this conversation. I am fine with making updates however you may wish to move over to a WordPress based site and integrate a forum that you control. Just my $0.02.

As an aside, I have not received any messages regarding the site via phone or email.

I am also fine with transferring the domain to someone else if it is desired.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok sounds good john
if chiapet does not want to deal with the site anymore then that would be good if you could take if over and keep it updated
it does not matter to me

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am not wanting to take down NFMAS.org i like how the site is set up it just needs to be updated

·
Registered
879 Posts
Mike never said he did not want to deal with it. Mikeatjax asked us to remake it. And I asked chia if it was ok to take it over an host it so he would not have to continue to pay for it..

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
at the meeting last months people where talking about getting away from the reef tank

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yes I understood that part still thought the goal was to bring or NFMAS org site up to a level to handle all our needs. Im sure you guys have a bigger picture of what is trying to be done. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yes I understood that part still thought the goal was to bring or NFMAS org site up to a level to handle all our needs. Im sure you guys have a bigger picture of what is trying to be done. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

That IS the plan. There will be one webpage. And from that page you can click a link and get to forums. These forums will be a big different the on reeftank. This will hold private club information with a new sponsor page.

This page will have open communication with our current sponsors. When you purchase from these sponsors you will have a choice either to follow specific links or use a promo code made specifically for us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts