The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Sorry! Wake up, and let's go face it together.....HAPPY *ONDAY EVERYONE!

Coffee is up, and Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts are beckoning us from the counter.
Looks like a pretty week, weather wise lies ahead for our area, with spring in the air......60's cli*bing to 80 *id week back to the low 70's and then 60's by the end.....BETTER THAN 40's n 50's!

THANKS for the pretty pictures Jeff......Jen's in the *ood for Her annual 'let's go get so*e flowers n plant the fra*e of *ind.....another week or 2 around this area.

Hope nice things greet All this fine day,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK Folks......let's All gather around the TRT Training Table for a 'M'eeting. YES, there's the hint!

I'm a firm believer in traditions, but there comes a time when things need to be reevaluated......SOME TIMES.

It appears over time our Monday tradition of replacing M's with an '' has become less and less used......and as of lately, only Perry and I seem to be starting our day off with them. I know, at least I think it was George who started us off with the 'first day back to work, we use a '' to replace it's 1st letter.....usually a Monday, but thanks to Nixon there's a few Tuesdays as well.

Any thoughts on dropping this tradition all together, or perhaps weening off of it gradually and say throw a..... 馃 'monkey', or a 'turkey' in a post somewhere as an honorarium? Sorry George, but your vote still counts around here though.
Hack

Super Moderator
Good *awnin鈥, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the breakfast, Hack. I鈥* in a rush to *eet *y 8:00 oil change. *ore later. including comments on Jeff鈥檚 photos!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
*orning all, I can do this but it causing *e to think to *uch this early in the *orning. 33 and dreary out. My back is feeling better fortunately, do have a support brace on just to be safe. guess I need to catch up on yesterday

Super Moderator
Hiya, Doug - Glad to hear that your back is mostly in proper sync. Be kind t it today.

Jeff - those tulips in Blyth鈥檚 garden are absolutely gorgeous!i think the shorter blue ones are Hyacinth, but I鈥檓 not 100% sure on that.
Ah, that photo of King not realizing that he is a BIG dog. All he sees around him are much smaller, so that must be case for him. ;)

On with the day....

Super Moderator
Hack - About the * thing fir the beginning of the work week.... Maybe only in the beginning of the day? But that might be hard to manage/remember.

Registered
Afternoon all. Luckily for me when you work 6-7 days a week there isn't really a "*"onday until it is the 8th or 9th day in the week lol. Today has been awesome used a tractor to pull out the front loader from manure collecting/spreading. Then fed everyone now riding around in my air conditioned tractor listening to music one Bluetooth through the tractor radio and spreading gravel in the pot holes about to clean the tractor so it can be traded tomorrow for a bran new one! Hard life for a cowboy on *onday lol. I hope everyone is having as Jim Dandy of a day as I.

Super Moderator
Shaymas - Sounds like a productive day for you! You may have told us, but I forget. How many acres do you have?

Supper time for cath. I bet Hack will be making an entrance soon.
I鈥檓 having a mix of brow rice types - Sorry Hack, no white rice here - and broccoli. I鈥檒l be glad t share...

Floral strawberries and nanner bread for dessert. Yummmm

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Cath! What's 'floral strawberries'? I actually like long grain wild rice.....but white is sooooo much easier.
Yeah I nodded off in the ole recliner after dinner....oooooops.
Good old fashioned bologna n cheese sandwiches for dinner, with a nap for desert.
Now gotta go find some kind of real desert......

Was a 'Jim Dandy' day at the office.....other than busy, with periods of blood letting, and slammed, it was uneventful and relaxing.
May peace rule,
Hack

Super Moderator
Busted! Thanks for catching my typo, Hack. It was supposed to be 鈥渓ocal strawberries.鈥濔煒

Enjoy your evening with peacefulness and good times.

Retired Wanderer
Happy *onday.

Went to the VA and they wouldn't let me out without a Covid shot and scheduled shingles and tetanus. My tiny little doctor doesn't let anything slide.

Still working on the job search with a few interviews ahead. My particular set of skills is not matching what is out there yet.

Enjoy your *onday.

Discussion Starter · #12 ·
馃 OOoooohhhhhhh.....NOW I can see the similar spelling. 馃榿
Busted! Thanks for catching my typo, Hack. It was supposed to be 鈥渓ocal strawberries.鈥濔煒

Enjoy your evening with peacefulness and good times.
Hack

Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Perry! Yeah, 'The Shot' is on my list......eventually. I hope just the right forever gig shows up for Ya Pal. I know our area of the country is screaming for help.
Hack

Super Moderator
Evening all,
Yup Cath, those are 鈥済rape hyacinth 鈥 ,, I only know that because I鈥檝e heard Blyth mention them a hundred times , haha.

Early morning run north and East a bit to the big surplus/saving center. My old work buddy showed off the large wheeled platform cart(hard to explain what one is,, but I needed one , heheh) he had from the place, the other day when I was at his house.,,, Had noticed the smaller version when I was at the surplus center last time (small one assembled, biggun' , not) and did not trip my trigger,,, until I saw the larger one. so OF COURSE I HAD to get one too. That, and a couple lil things in the shopping cart (the platform cart was a "take this ticket to cashier/go to door 10 and they will load ya up" big),, and noticed they got a new supply of Milorganite generic lawn fertilizer,, yup, I grabbed 10 -50# bags,, for a whopping $20 (did a ballpark comparison price check,,, the same weight (500# worth) of the name brand stuff,, woulda come out being $1200 (no one in their right mind would buy/pay that much,, except when it's generic identical and WAY cheaper, haha) Informed my Sis that it was back in stock,, and if she wanted however many of the 10,,,"5 or more,, ?" she said 10, haha/yoicks! . So,,,, looks like I'll be back there tomorrow morning and pick up another 10 bags,, or 20 ,,, hmmmmm. The CR-V has hauled 1000# of the stuff before,, so I know she has it in her to repeat,,,,

Brake components for the CR-V show up tomorrow,,, Deere 3 pt. mow deck is in the shop currently, mid pre-season check/repairs and a tire/wheel ought be in tomorrow also for it,,, so might be a scheduling bottleneck as to what I'm working on soon, pull out the mow deck to do Honda brakes,,,, or holding pattern the car until the mow deck is back on the active roster. . Also learned today the deck needs a new drive belt,, I could use it as -is,, but a tick-tock wheel of luck spin if it holds together until the replacement arrives (Taking a chance on a non green stealership branded belt, 1/4 the price,,, time will tell if it'll be worth saving some money...) Otherwise the blades are sharpened, wheels and forks holding them got cleaned/de-greased and re-lubed all nice n slick, sans the old grit in da grease. Ditto for the drive shaft and U-joints,, done and done. Seized in place idler belt pulley shaft got gone over and fully functional again. Almost ready to get it dirty n dusty once again, geez.

Heat wave tomorrow, rumor has it being a high of 84 degrees,, when the normal is 65,,, I'll see how hot the Weather Rock feels and let that be the judge.

Comfy chair and catching up on some tv shows,,, works out nice being able to record stuff you wanna watch, and watch it at your own time frame, not stuck making time to watch it when it airs,,gotta love technology .

Hope everyone had a great day!

Administrator
Evening All, got off work, went to the market next town over, pulled in to find a big chunk of sometheing in a tire. Fix a Flat didnt work, Ordered a new set of tires , was gonna get new ones anyway. Hoping the matching alloy rim I ordered will be in so I can get the tires renewed with a matching spare .
Aggerevated shoulder trying to wrench lug nuts off. My antidote is Ribeye and 12 yr old whiskey.
Y'all have a lovely evening

1 - 15 of 15 Posts