The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new light fixture arrived today!
the oops delivery man knock on my door, and had 1 package, i asked where the other one was, and he said " its says one of one", i told him i was expecting 2 boxes, but he went back to the truck after much persistance and found the other box!

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm soo blue.....

i painted the bottom of the tank a metalic blue, since i decided i was going bare bottom. the painting of the bottom was quite the lesson in itself. the 1st time i painted it, i had faded the blue to black towards the center of the tank, but because i forgot to score around the outside edge of the tape before removing it, the blue portion peeled up with the tape... leaving the center black area.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!
i plan on painting the light brackets which is why they aren't shown in the pics. i took them off this morning and drilled them on my freinds drill press.

here is a pic of the ballast, i wanted dual ballasts, but got a singular one instead. which is better, now that i think about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's the pic of the remaining center black spot, after all the blue paint peeled up. it looked soo neat before i peeled the tape away, wish i would have taken a pic then. but i ended up scraping the paint all off, and redoing it a 2nd time, since i ran out of black paint, i just kept it blue. look good! i got 2 sheets of black eggcrate (2'x4'), they was $30 each, going to create a center island structure elevated slightly off the bottom by pvc. i checking today some local distibuters that might carry either clear pvc or black pcv.
can't wait to finish this up now that i have just about everything!
wooHOO!
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tanks every1! i'm really jazzed today (might be the pain meds...:) ) its a dual 250w metal halides with dual 55w power compacts! cost $520 from petsupplyliquidators! i think they did a great job!
well, i'm off to the bodyshop to get my brackets painted, if they want too much to do it, i will more than likely spray paint them myself.
peace!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the tank is a 75gl, the light fixture is 47 1/2" x 4" x 10 1/2".
well i called and drove around trying to get prices to have my brackets done, some places wanted just too much to paint them, others were too buzy with other work, and would take weeks to do, so i'll paint them myself:)
time to make a mess!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tada!

i painted the metal brackets the same color as the bottom of my tank, metallic blue, and mounted them down with 1/4" wood screws.
i really like the way it turned out so far! :) now i just need to finish up my black eggcrate project, and get some new pvc glue ( i left the cover off oops!) to finish the skimmer return! i got plans to finish up the refugium next week or so!

:beer: :dance: :beer: :dance: :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
after fixing a few leaks, i am now adjusting the salinity, its at 1.02, seems i got a wee bit to go:) it took 85 gallons to fill up the sump, skimmer and tank.
yep, made a stoopid mistake, i couldn't remember if i used telfon tape when i had assembled everything last month... it seems that there was nooo teflon tape on any fitting..... hehehe, now i just got 2 little drips that need attending to.
sump and skimmer operation are kewl to watch! and there seems to be alot of water movement throughout the entire system! the water reflections that are cast about the room looks awesome! next week, i'll setup the ca reactor and get the co2 tank filled next week. right now, i am content to sit back and watch the waterworks!
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.