The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
120 gal tricon acrylic display tank 4'x2'x2' with rounded front corners, black back, and built in overflow. 40 gal acrylic sump with PCX-40 return pump. DIY skimmer with Rio 2500 pump that really pulls the crud out. 250 watt Via-Aqua titanium heater. 2 regent powerheads 2 maxi jets and a new Aquarium Systems wave timer. 2 x 175 watt halides with 2 x 110 watt VHO actinics with coralife LED moonlight and timers. Furniture grade oak stand and matching canopy built by Sirene in Tigard with 2-5 inch fans in canopy and 1-4 inch fan in stand. Kent 4 stage RODI filter, 32 gal. trash can, and a couple of 7 gal jugs for water. A rubbermaid tub full of extra equipment, parts and pieces. complete 10 gal quarantine setup, digital themometer, test kits, kent scraper/aquamop,additives, food, hydrometer, etc. 20 gal acrylic refugium with 65 watt coralife PC(needs bulb replaced)that isn't hooked up or running yet. Basically everything you need to keep this tank running smoothly.

Livetock:
Over 200 Lbs. of VERY NICE LR- fiji, tonga mix. huge toadstool leather, very large finger leather(I think) and a couple other small corals. 2-3 inches of live sand full of life.
4-5 inch Majestic angel
4-5 inch copperband butterfly
4 firefish
2 inch yellow wrasse
3 inch lawnmower blenny
20-30 hermits
20-30 snails
2 cleaner shrimp
2 peppermint shrimp
I think that's it.
$1300 for all of it.
I will part it out (livestock first) but I'd rather just see it go all at once.
Thanks,
Bobby tank1.JPG

tank2.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Your tank is awesome!!!! Why are you selling it? Wish I was still in Portland, I could use some of your stuff.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you part it out I might be interesed in the cleaner shrimp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jennmac, Thanks for the compliment. I've slaved on this thing for awhile now. I just have a lot of other things to focus on right now. Wouldn't be fair to the animals to neglect them. just backing off for a minute. I plan on going way bigger than this tank after we buy a house:) I am also keeping a few things I didn't list with the 120 to stock my 18 gal nano.
You guys aint rid of me that easy!!!:wavey:

Volitan,
I'm gonna wait to see if it can go as a whole, or at least time it so most of the livestock goes away at the same time, so I'll let you know when I decide to start breaking it down.
Thanks,
B

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
good luck with the new house cant wait to see the new tank when you get it up and running

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks partobe.
It hurts right now, but I'll end up with a way bigger tank down the road if I suffer without for a while. So it's worth it in the long run.
I've decided to start parting it out today- LIVESTOCK FIRST. I will take down who wants what equipment, and as soon as the tank is empty I can start selling off the equipment.
Prices:
LR $4 per LB.
LS make me an offer
Majestic angel $75 Incredible fish, eats like a pig, very healthy (as is everything) these fish are not cheap!
Copperband SOLD-
Firefish SOLD if we can catch em- someone may get em as a bonus with some LR LOL!
Yellow wrasse $10
Lawmower $10
snails and hermits .50 each
Toadstool leather $40
finger leather $40
small pink birdsnest frag $5
cleaner shrimp$10 ea.
pep. shrimp $4 ea
False Perc clownfish Sold
I'll get back on later and start pricing the equipment
Thanks,
Bobby

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello again Bobby, sorry you're having to sell off your tank. As I said before I would like the cleaner shrimp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Stuart.

After work tonight I'll set a trap, if I stay up late I can probably get them both. I'll send you a PM with my number when I get em out. I have a 2 1/2 gal I can put them in till you can pick them up. Sorry I can't just scoop em out, theres too much LR in there.
Bobby

·
Registered
366 Posts
tat2d said:
Hi Stuart.

After work tonight I'll set a trap, if I stay up late I can probably get them both. I'll send you a PM with my number when I get em out. I have a 2 1/2 gal I can put them in till you can pick them up. Sorry I can't just scoop em out, theres too much LR in there.
Bobby
That's alright, I know exactly what you mean about trying to catch things among all that rock, I had to catch my fish out once to treat for ick, what an adventure that was.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have decided to get rid of all my saltwater stuff, including the 18 gal nano and the stuff I was gonna stock it with. So theres the entire nano setup-$150 OBO, a large piece of encrusting gorgonian (looks like neon green star polyps when open)-20 bucks, and a small toadstool leather-10 bucks. Also have a 2-1/2 gal tank and azoo hang on filter.-$10

Large toadstool and both peppermint shrimp are sold

That's it for now.
Thanks,
B

Oh yeah,
Stuart.
I have one of the shrimp out of the big tank if you want to come get it. the other is being a punk. have set the trap every night......nuthin!
I have caught all the other shrimp in there though:funny:
You have my number, feel free to call.
Bobby

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
In the interest of getting some of this stuff out of here so I can start breaking the tank down, I'm editing some prices.
Majestic angel $40
Large finger leather $25
The LR in the 120 gal is all sold.
Thanks.
Bobby

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a very good pic , but it'll give you an idea. It has a bit of neon yellow/green that really shows under the actinics. It's at least 6 inches tall, and 6-7 inches across.
Bobby

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Confused,
Should've posted bigger, sorry. All the LR in the 120 sold yesterday, and is being picked up tomorrow-A.M. I still have 20 lbs in the nano, though. 3 bucks per lb.
Fly,
Not unless I find a really good deal on a sportbike over there in the next couple of weeks and have to go there to get it. Been looking for a couple of weeks, and probably gonna end up in PDX or seattle to get one.
Maybe a PNWMAS member needs to go that way soon.
Bobby

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking for a 87-newer ninja,GSXR,hurricane,FZR (something plastic and VERY fast). Something 600 cc or larger. It's gonna be another week or two. Waiting on the loan for part of the money, then gotta find "the one" I can't live without. I found a GSXR 1000 I really want in PDX, I'm just praying it's still there when I get everything together on my end.
Bobby

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ever thought of a CBR 900RR? They weigh about the same as a 600 and have the litre class power as well as being one of the better handleing bikes of that class.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd love one, I just don't have the budget to be that picky right now. I'm looking for something in the $2500-3000 range. I've been looking around for awhile, and I can do pretty well for that amount if I wait for the right bike/seller. WAY MORE power than I'll probably ever put to use. Sure is nice to know it's there, though:nuts: .
B

Sorry, everyone else-Way off topic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts