The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad and I are planning a 50-gallon saltwater tank to put in our living room. I'm thinking of getting a dwarf fuzzy lionfish and he wants to get a yellow tang.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
welcome, and good luck.

please do a little reading on the species you want to keep in your tank, as they have some specific requirements.

for starters, a yellow tang would need a 100 gallon tank, and some would say even that is too small.

J.

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
Welcome to TRT! :wavey: I agree with that being a little small for a tang. But there are lots of other great options for that size! Or maybe you can talk your dad into a bigger tank :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Timing

Lol, I know about the yellow tang now, I did research afterward, I mean, jeez! A 75-gallon tank?!:crap: You're all right. Sadly, we cannot get a bigger tank, this empty tank is actually my dad's since before I was born, and his sister had kept it in her yard, he has a lot of memories with it, not to mention it is expensive, and he doesn't even wanna get me a couple dollar fish.

He wouldn't even cope knowing I got another 10-gallon! :freak: I have a freshwater aquarium that has been doing great for the past two months, and as a result, the single guppy that survived the night, we didn't know Molly, my oldest female, was gonna have her babies! So now, after more success and after yet another pleasant surprise, I now have a gallon tank with 20 baby guppies. :rotflmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts