The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys im finaly going to do it 4 hr drive to a big city for some LR the LFS wants 11.95LB and thats just to much so makin a day out of it its actualy 3hrs to Albuquerque going to check out the aquarium and then off to the not so LFS to get a fair price for my rock.
Any one live in Alb that can recomend a good LFS thats easy to find for a out of towner and
Any one got any good ideas how to transport it back i was thinking about getting one of those big plastic bins

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Usually when I get a lot of rock from the LFS, they pack it in styrafoam boxes.... Make sure the LR is covered in lots of newspaper that was soaked in tank water.... If it dries out, you got trouble...

It would be a good idea to tote along a couple of containers to ask them for some extra tank water... and every hour or so, pour some over the rock and newspaper....

When you pack it, try to pack it so it won't be rolling around in the container... Otherwise by the time you get home, you'll have a lot of rubble...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Put the lr in a cooler with some water, put a tank towel in there over the rock, it will act like a sponge and soak up the water keeping the rock wet. With coolers, you don't have to worry about leaks and they are easy to carry when heavy with the sturdy handles. This is how I just bought my new rock for the 125.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well we always wanted to se the aquarium in ALB and just sounded like a good excuse to make the trip and also need to find a lfs thats has what we want to start networking with people face to face

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.