1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
It is really going to depend on the price. The wet/dry with built in protein skimmer may be a decent one like the CPR Cyclone series, or it could be crap that you really would not want. Depending on what he wants to keep, or you want him to keep for you, in the tank the PC lighting may not be adequate at all.

Do you have a rough estimate of how much he might be willing to spend? I know a lot of people on here are very good at spending other people's money. ;)

This was in reference to the first tank.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think hes trying to go for under 300.

and i want him to keep a derasa (sp?) clam for me

and mosey (the cowrie) will be asked to be placed in to his sump.

"no idea. depends on the setup..but odds are i wont spend more then 300 unless it is really nice"

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
The problem with the second option is the seller is telling you up front that it is not in working condition, and that the tanks are not in good shape. It could be the deal of the century, but it stands a better chance of being a never ending project in patience and perserverance to get it setup and running properly.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem with the second option is the seller is telling you up front that it is not in working condition, and that the tanks are not in good shape. It could be the deal of the century, but it stands a better chance of being a never ending project in patience and perserverance to get it setup and running properly.

well should i be asking why they arent in working order?

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, another thing you might want to think about is how much room does he actually have for a tank to sit? That could narrow the playing field down a whole lot.
we know where we are putting it already, its alot of room and hes blocking his stairs off with it. his house has a very weird lay out we are trying to correct with a tank. :D

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
That is what is weird about the add. He talks about having holes in the stand for plumbing and things that match the side cabinet. From the pciture it looks like it might have a corner overflow, but it is a little hard to tell. The sump would give you extra water volume and a place to hide the equipment. It may need a sump and just doesn't have one now, or he may have used the side cabinet to hide the equipment in. Since he tore it down he should be able to tell you how to set everything back up and get it working properly.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is what is weird about the add. He talks about having holes in the stand for plumbing and things that match the side cabinet. From the pciture it looks like it might have a corner overflow, but it is a little hard to tell. The sump would give you extra water volume and a place to hide the equipment. It may need a sump and just doesn't have one now, or he may have used the side cabinet to hide the equipment in. Since he tore it down he should be able to tell you how to set everything back up and get it working properly.
i think i might employ him to help me with setup!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
heck, at that price, the sump would be the least of my worries. I built my sump for less than $100 for a brand new tank and all the baffles and silicone..

Even the 90 is a pretty good deal at $400

1 - 20 of 26 Posts