The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! well ive had my biocube for bout 5 - 6 months now and ive had an issue with water clarity for about 3 months.. it is just cloudy!!! its like someone poured some milk in it!!!what can i do!?!?!? my water quality is perfect[i test sg, pH, nitrite, nitrate, ammonia and calcium]!!! i have in my first chamber some live rock and a mangrove, then the rest is stock.. i have a koralia nano in the display...im just frustrated and dont know what to do, i mean i see these tanks with crystal clear water and i envy it:cry:.. i have in it two damsels, candy cane, zoas, and emerald crab, blue leg hermits, astreas, and GSP's...please help im at the point of a 100% W/C....also its barebottomed

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also another question can i get the bioballs out now so i can install a lil refugium..please i really want my clear water.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes take out bioballs but only 1/3 at a time once a week..maybe chech the filter pad..i clean mine weekly and by then its a mess..just a thought

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
lot of info needed still to really pinpoint the issue. What kind of food to you use (and how much/often), what kind of water do you use and how often do you do water changes (with what salt), what's the flow like, what kind of lighting setup do you have, do you use any additives (and if so, which ones)? Anything else you can think of?

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Whenever someone mentions cloudy (milky) looking water that doesn't want to clear, my first thought is a bacterial bloom. A uv sterilizer will clear it up quickly. I haven't seen one yet but Oceanic has recently released a nano uv sterilizer for use in the Biocube.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k. well i did a huge water change and took out the bioballs and the water has reached crystal clear..thanks all... i am looking into getting the uv sterilizer. thanks for all your help!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts