The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just did the first wet test in my setup.
Result: One 45 deg elbow in my return line leaked just a little. I smeared some extra PVC glue around the gap between the tube and the elbow. I'll turn on the pump again after work.
Needless to say......this is getting more and more exciting :dance:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oooh - I am jealous - we are just at the glueing stage.....made a big trip to Home Depot this morning for more fittings. Hope to water test on Sunday.....

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ylmaya said:
Oooh - I am jealous - we are just at the glueing stage..... Hope to water test on Sunday.....
Glueing PVC is the quickest task I've done since I started this project. I thought it was a lot more difficult and that I'd find leaks everywhere. Did not turn out that way!

:beer:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
jealous! :) i'm still waiting for the tank to come in so i can go buy some lumber :(

you da man grazhopr!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thefatman said:
jealous! :) i'm still waiting for the tank to come in so i can go buy some lumber :(
:funny: :funny:

thefatman said:
you da man grazhopr!
:beer: Man, I really want to see some of your reef-fuge pictures soon. That one's going to kick some b*tt.
Thanks for the salute!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Checked the temperture of the water for a couple of hours, no AC on. Steady 81.1 F. I have to do the same test during the day, although I know the lights will be off most of the day.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lookin waaaay cool graz!!!!

i'm her ebuzz, jsut pm when ready

1 - 16 of 16 Posts