The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the first image is aiptasia then what is the second image?

I have several clumps of these all over my reef tank on the live rock. It seems to like heavy water movement.

I apologize for the camera work it is my ipone camera, my camera is dead...

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that is the stuff

You have it. Not sure which is worse the aiptasia or the these...oh well, keeps me busy...lol

Thanks Random!

At least now I know what I am dealing with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like kalk paste

may be in order, they seem to spread very quick. I have not noticed any of the corals struggling for space near them, but that is probably just a matter of time.

I will try to coat them today and see how it goes.

Will things like Joe's Juice or Aiptasia X work or just stick to the tried and true?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is very good to know

There are soo many gimmicks in this hobby, need to find ways to save a couple bucks so I can buy the things I actually want, like Coral!
This forum has already saved me a lot of money and time! Keep up the good communication everyone!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried the Kalk Paste

apparently I did not let is sit long enough or did not use enough for the Colonial Hydroids survived. I turned off all water movement then covered Hydroids with a good helping of paste, let sit for 15 minutes before starting water movement.

After about an hour the Hydroids turned dark brown and looked like they may have been disolving? But this morning they are back and look as though they were never touched.

Could i have not put enough paste on them or should I coat them with Superglue after I cover them with the Paste?

Guess I will experiment...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts