The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Marine Addict: 75g Habit
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay, i know this is a TERRIBLE pic, but i took it with my phone and i don't have another camera at the house right now, it's with my wife...

i found this guy in my tank just now, i recently purchased to pieces of green star polyps and i noticed him near one of the frags i got, he mighta come with them, he mighta been around awhile, i dunno...

is this a "free" brittlestar/serpent star? are there "pests" that resemble stars? this has 6 banded legs, relatively large center disc, moves around with one tentacle/arm extended forward and pushes with two rear ones....total size 1.75 inches tip to tip

ideas?

· Registered
578 Posts
they look to me like mini brittle stars. i have many and i usually only see their little arms sticking out of the sand or a rock creves, they are good for eating detritus and left over food. not a pest. and should not get any bigger then 3" from tip to tip of their arms. definately a keeper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.