The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been missing fish, the latest my True Clown, I have removed the anenome that was eating my fish but then the clown disappeared after 4 days, I ahve taken a pic of a shrimp I am not sure what type it is, can someone tell me if he is dangerous, I have also a coral branded shrimp, snowflake eel and a purple tang left, whit numerous snails and conches

Attachments

·
Older Than the Cretaceous
163 Posts
That eel may be eating things. Do you hear any clicking in your tank......

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have been wondering about him, I have had him for a year now but he was not out the day after the clown was missing, which is a signt that he was not hungry and he is getting kinda big lately, I tried listening at night for clicking but heard none, and checked with flashlight at night when the brittle stars and other small things are aout, but I see nothing that looks dangerous.

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
There is another shrimp that looks very close to a peppermint; but is very destructive. I can't remember the name off hand, but a few links deep in a google search you should find it.

I would initially say the eel is the reason your clown is gone. If they get too hungry, they'll eat anything.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
definitely! How big is the brittle star? They hang like a tent and drop onto fish at night, when they're big enough.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I am updateing, I seem to still have a killer problem, I had a Flame angel for a week not he is gone without a trace, my favorite show besides LAO but anyway, this is really getting out of hand, I have now Purple tang, Scopas Tang, Naso Tang, Puffer, Damsel Snowflake who is getting big and scary, Coral Branded Shrimp and until I pulled up this thread I forgot about the 2 Brittle stars that I see now and then but they are bigger now as is the CB, how do I find out who is doing this without destroying my tank?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts