The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
No..he is trying to link to an image from a Tank of the Month off of ReefCentral.. I just can't quite tell which one.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It's a Engineer Goby/Convict Blennie/Worm Eel. When they are small juveniles they have horizontal stripes. As they mature the colouring changes to the spotted appearance you see in the link's picture. If you google them you will find out more info. Marine Depot Live website has a good/brief rundown on them. They can grow to 12 to 18 inches. They excavate sand out from under your rocks for a burrow, so if you get one, make sure your rock work is stable. Here's a pic of the 1 my hubby has in his tank. It's about 7 inches long. Oh... and they are very docile/peaceful.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW , that thing doesnt look like a goby at all..... I want one.... maybe a xxxxL adult for the 72 gallon when its up and running!!!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
They are cool, but should only be in tanks where the rockwork is well stabilized, and maybe even in contact with the glass on the bottom. As these guys LOVE to dig. :) A friend has some, and he had a near bad accident once. They moved enough sand that there was a rockslide. Luckily, the pieces the fell were small and fell on the sand and not against the glass. :) They are a blast to watch though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts