The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited this coral on some live rock with a tank I bought. Can anyone please ID it for me? It looked like a goner when I got it, but it has since shown regrowth in its whitish edges. It encrusts the rock as you can see from the pic. Looks like it has polyps, although I've never seen them out. Maybe it's related to blue ridge coral. Any guesses?

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
CGill311 said:
I inherited this coral on some live rock with a tank I bought. Can anyone please ID it for me? It looked like a goner when I got it, but it has since shown regrowth in its whitish edges. It encrusts the rock as you can see from the pic. Looks like it has polyps, although I've never seen them out. Maybe it's related to blue ridge coral. Any guesses?
I'm tunning in on this thread. I've had the same coral growing on one of the rocks in my tank for the past year. I have yet to find out what it is. By the way, it does have polyps. Hopefully we get an answer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wierd coincidence, but the polyps did come out tonight after I added some Kent superbuffer-dKH. The coral shed some kind of slime layer and shortly after its polyps came out. It did look similar to some blue ridge corals at Cap Bay. Took some more pics. This tank is a mess right now b/c it's a work in progress, but you can see the polyps on the coral.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts