The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90944&d=1336276907

Can someone ID this guy? It was sold as a rock flower anemone but Im not sure if thats what it is.

The coloration makes it look like a RFA, but the tentacles are a lot longer than of any other RFAs Ive seen. Ive also never seen the littles spikes on them before.

Maybe a LTA? Or maybe just a cool looking RFA...

What do you all think?

Also, Ive had him for over two years. That pic was taken a while ago. By now, he's about 6" diameter and some tentacles are up to 3" long.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks more like a duncan to me but could be a LTA. Hard to tell from the pic. Does it have a skeleton on the underside?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Going off of the above, what does the underside look like? The tentacles don't look like any M. doreensis that I have ever seen.

Does the underside look like this at all? (( an M. doreensis ))
(( ignore the damage to the bottom of the foot ))

·
Registered
715 Posts
Then I feel good saying that it isn't an M. doreensis -- and pretty sure it isn't any of the other hosting anemones.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then I feel good saying that it isn't an M. doreensis -- and pretty sure it isn't any of the other hosting anemones.
Strange if it isn't a hosting nem because my first clown (who recently passed) moved from my BTA to this anemone... And my new clown is hosting this one too.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just because an anemone isn't a natural hosting anemone doesn't mean that it can't be a host to clowns -- have seen some maxi-minis (( or whatever they are called )) host clowns, and say with a "condy" anemone. I was just referring to the 8 anemones that are normally considered hosting anemones.

·
Registered
93 Posts
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90944&d=1336276907

Can someone ID this guy? It was sold as a rock flower anemone but Im not sure if thats what it is.

The coloration makes it look like a RFA, but the tentacles are a lot longer than of any other RFAs Ive seen. Ive also never seen the littles spikes on them before.

Maybe a LTA? Or maybe just a cool looking RFA...

What do you all think?

Also, Ive had him for over two years. That pic was taken a while ago. By now, he's about 6" diameter and some tentacles are up to 3" long.
It's a rock nem. Is definitely not a Duncan!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts