The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This was a hitchhiker i got in my tank when i first purchased my LR. He has never cause any problems till today when he killed my Arrow Crab. So I promptly grabbed him out of my tank. He would only come out at night and always hid in the rocks. I am thinking a Harry Stone crab.

Here are some Pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
My rule of thumb for crabs and I learned the hard way, is if I don't know what it is and it's got big muscular pinchers, it's a no go in my tank. They can seem fine for a while, but they WILL KILL something, usually small helpless sleeping fish.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i believe BG is right, fuzzy plus black tips on claws is a gorilla, could be wrong, but i believe i read that somewhere.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
awww...look at him. He's got that "What? I didn't do it. Spare me" look in his eyes!

it's a dang shame!!

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Thanks for throwing him in the nano.We need to remember that even though they did something we didn't like... we were the jerks that pulled them out of their beloved home and threw them in a closed system. whenever we can save them... even the obnoxous ones... i think we should try.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! Whatever he is, gorilla or pest or both lol he is out of my tank and in an empty one he can no longer to any harm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts