The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

This is a sad day for me, :bawling:, My tank has offically crashed from ICH it is 7 month old and the only thing living in it is the inverts and that is it. All my fish have died withing 24 hours, except for the butterfly that i am still treating in the hospital tank, So MY question is what do i do now?? How can i get this out of my tank before introducing others??:confused:

Please reall need some help thanks:help:

· Forever Reef
2,326 Posts
thats why i always wait 1 year to add anything...all parasites (90% at least) die in the cycle then the Nothing to feed on period

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Inverts don't get ich, so just go fishless for 8 weeks and NEVER add another fish without QT. If you make sure to never add ich back to the tank there is no need for UV (whethor they are useful or not can be debated)

· Registered
82 Posts
same thing happened to me my friend. i treated them in a hospital tank for 8 weeks and then returned them to the dt. no problems since. only have addded one fish since and i qt that one for 6 weeks with copper for the 1st 3 weeks then did regular water changes last three weeks without adding any more copper and dt is doing great this was about 2 months ago and still no sign of ich.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread, I was away from the computer yesterday. That stinks that you lost everything.

I can only agree with all of the others answers, I would not add anything for 6 to 8 weeks. That gives you plenty of time to q/t any new fish you will be getting.

A good solid q/t procedure will help to keep this from happening again. I have only added 2 new fish since my battle with ich. One fish who was definitely carrying ich spent 7 weeks in the q/t. My newest fish, a 2 spot gobie, came from a much more reliable source and only spent a week in the q/t.
Here is a good link to the q/t process.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.