The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came in the front room this morning and look in the tank like usual. To my suprise my largest hermit is up on the rock with my zoos. I thought to myself he was way too close to them. Then I looked closer and he was on them. I tried to pull him off and ended up pulling the whole piece up. I pulled him off and put the zoos (what's left) down on another rock, and that little bugger is in the sump now. Boy was I steamed. Will the LFS take them back? He ain't going back in there.

·
Registered
911 Posts
another reason why I don't like crabs. Snails are much better

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I had the same problem. Lfs took it back. My cleaner crabs don't hurt anything.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Put it in your sump. It will scavenge there and won't hurt anything else.

Jenn

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
same here. my cleaners can go where they want to. if they mess with something they go into the sump. i don't have an issue if one wants to take a nap on a coral... as long as they don't make a meal out of it.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
My crabs crawl all over everything. They've never eaten anything that then weren't supposed to. Did any of the zoas get damaged? There might have been a bit of algae in between that he was trying to get...:)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are quite a few polyps gone. There are still some left though so I guess I stopped him just in time. My hubby said he saw him up there the night before. He was sneaky. He did his dirty work at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts