The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after going to bed late, getting up early, then working on the yard, buying and putting together a patio set, cleaning the deck and patio (I really should have bought a power washer a long time ago :doh: ), I decided to do a little tank maintenance today. Yes, I did a water change. I don't know what got into me...maybe the fact that my corals all are starting to look like hell, the algae on the glass is about an inch thick, and, well, the whole tank looks like crap. :( Decided to do about a 40g water change. In all, it took about a 1/2 hour, but I hope to have that down to about 15 minutes eventually. :) Anyhoo, for the love haters out there, I decided to take a few pics to actually prove it. :jester:

Before...even notice the water in the 20g sitting in front of the tank...

Attachments

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And filling it all back up. I think the eductors work better when they're fully submerged, but that's just a guess. :clown:

And here it is all filled back up. I should have drained more water, as my sump level is pretty high. Guess I'm going to have to skim reaaaaaallllllllllllll wet. :beer:

I don't think my corals are going to know what hit them...hopefully it wasn't too much of a shock. I am going to try and do this every two weeks. We'll see if that happens. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
You dont waste any time do ya?;)

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tim, that would be from the algae scraper. :)

I did actually make it golfing today, so I guess that was a good reward. Once the yard is done and the kiddos have a swing set, then the boat will be broken out. :) So maybe next year. :doh: I may have to try an do another 40 this upcoming weekend.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
smeese said:
D how long has your tank been up for?

I believe it has been up since fall of 2004.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Just ask Dr. Z;)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
wow Doc! so when is the big water change going to happen????:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts