The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was told this would be the way to get added to the email list.

My email addy is [email protected] Underscore between the wat and the next.

Please let me know if you need other info.

Thanks!

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
alice can correct me if i am wrong, but i think the main purpose of the email list is to get a general list of members that we have or have had in the club, and occasionally for club wide evites. if you stay tuned here on the board you will get 99.9% of the stuff.

on that note, an idea i had would be for the list holder to send out a mass email, and folks who were interested that got an email from him could reply back with their real name, so we can try to maybe get a club listing going for folks who would like their emails publicly published.

anyway, yeah this should get ya on the list as soon as possible.

·
Beanieboy
432 Posts
I took the list over from Alice, will add you 2 to it, & will e-mail everyone on it for their real names,. Later

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
You're right Krux; it's easiest to pass club info back and forth on this forum. That's the biggest reason it was created. (And did you know that our club was the first one to have a forum here on TRT? :) Thanks, Brooke!)

Anyway, evites are good for special events and as an occasional nudge for folks who may not have attended a meeting in awhile. Maybe when Fred sends out a club-wide email asking for real names he can include the URL for the forum here, ask people to bookmark it and remember to check it for club happenings, info and to see what's happening with their local reefing buddies.

The email list was in sad shape after I had a computer crash and an ISP switch. I never did get around to building a data base on club members; Fred had started one and then he had a crash. Darn computers! The meeting and BBQ at Steve's house drew some people out who's email addies had been lost or had changed and many new faces :) but that was during my move and I didn't have time to do more than just get their email addresses added and the evites sent out so I hope people will respond to the next evite so you can get it all squared away.

Alice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.