The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats right...you big hairy ones, your red yeys ones...or any other indesirable inverts....i want them all let me know!

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Did you finally get your mantis shrimp? My mantis, George, loves those nasty beasties....

Jodi

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Awesome!! What a beauty......you are going to have fun with him!

I wanted to mention to you that it appears that my BTA may be getting ready to split ....I'll keep you posted.

Jodi

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Check with Charles Keuhne (sorry for the spelling Charles) in the Atlanta Reef Club, at one time he had the crab (crabzilla) that ate
tokyo...:eek:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
tdwyatt said:
Check with Charles Keuhne (sorry for the spelling Charles) in the Atlanta Reef Club, at one time he had the crab (crabzilla) that ate
tokyo...:eek:
LOL! I remember that story; that was hilarious! :funny:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
clint, you wanting crabs as food for the mantis? or you starting a crab only tank?

if crab only, let me know, my lfs here has some red hairy crabs, that have anemones on thier shell. it's not aptaisa though. but it's a small anemone that has a symbiotic relationship with the crab. i think they were like 7 bucks. i could pick one up and ship to ya if you like.

here's a pic of what mine looked like, before i returned him.

he also regularly carries anemone (porcelain) crabs as well.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
oh no you cant use these as mantis food :)

cant you jsut give him snails? or do they have to be crabs? man that guy is gonna be expensive to feed :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
My mantis will eat ANYTHING!! Prime reef, formula one, hermit crabs, tridacnas, you name it, he (she?) will kill and eat it. Hardiest little beast I've ever met.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my pets get top notch treatment...if that means i have to live off roman to feed a mantis shrimp...well so be it! hell dine on caviar whilst i dine on kibbles n bits!

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I don't have any crabs, but it might be fun to put this guy in with him and see who wins. :funny:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts