The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh the shame.....today I realized how far I have fallen....

I used to go to the lumber yard, get my lumber drive home and go to work..........then the baby came, the wife wanted an SUV...thats ok...its still 4WD not as manly but not quiet a minivan either....Then it was having the lumber yard deliver my wood since I didn't have a truck any more....Then today I went to the lumber yard to get the skin for my tank....I asked the guy to cut it down so I could fit it into my Explorer........he was looking at my measurements and says "Hell I only got 15 minutes left and I don't want to clean up, ill just make all those cuts for you".....Oh im so weak.....the shame the shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Naw, you haven't lost of any of your masculinity...you're just using the female part of your brain (the smart part!) :D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I agree with Alice as I have all my measurements for wood cut at HD! No problems here with that!!:D :beer:

·
Registered
201 Posts
You haven't fallen that far.....

You've got a little ways to go.....

I have to drive a small car with a fold down back seat to the lumber yard. I get all sorts of funny looks as I pull into the drive through lumber yard at Lowe's!!!

After thinking about it, you may be worse off, you're driving an Explorer.
:D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug,
Oh No the wife would freak if I ever suggested that she HATES the Avalanche. After her car is paid off, she will take the explorer and I will buy a used full size truck....(I gotta have something to pull the boat!)

Dave

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Yep, I loooooooove my Silverado.... (insert Tim Allen grunt here).

I've been "one of the guys" for too long :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
I feel for you after I got married my old lady made me get rid of my truck for a wagon.:( But in the last couple weeks with my life I just bought a nice big, old, rusty 79 chevy cheyenne.:)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Small cars can carry a surprising amount of stuff home from Home Depot! I am probably going to have to buy a truck soon, but I enjoy my small cars. You just have be creative when you load them up. Here is a picture of the last load we brought home from Home Depot.

Andrew:)

·
Registered
418 Posts
HA HA, funny thread! I hope that you get your wifes explorer payed off asap, and get your manhood back!!! I must be extremely unmanly because I drive a mustang, not much room for hauling in that bad boy. I have my wife driving a bronco, and that seems to do pretty well for hauling stuff around if I take out the back seat. Have fun w/ your stand.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maybe that is why I never got married. I'm not giving up my truck. What is funny when a female friend needs something moved guess who they call.
But try to take them out on a date in a truck :mad:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey ASMITH - what are you gonna do with that pond. You aren't doing an out door reef now are you? Koi? I keep goldfish and turtles in mine out front. It was the way I broke my husband into reefkeeping.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
BRAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

dave, i'm noteven going to comment. you did it all for me :funny: :funny:

wait, is that considered a comment? ;)

·
Super Moderator
28,204 Posts
Fraid so, Jay ;)

I know, Jay...you started this thread to divert attention from the "Dreaded Question" thread :funny:

Now get going on your stand project heheheh

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
ylmaya said:
Hey ASMITH - what are you gonna do with that pond. You aren't doing an out door reef now are you? Koi? I keep goldfish and turtles in mine out front. It was the way I broke my husband into reefkeeping.
It is going to be a goldfish pond! Unfortunately we are going to have to take the pond out and put some more sand under it. It caved in and we pumped all of the water out when we were testing it.

See these threads here and here for more information and pictures.

Andrew

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cath, i assume you meant "I" started this thread to take attention away from the "dreaded question" thread"...however I fear I may be type cast by that thread from now on....but hey, If I can start at least 1 1000 post per week thread then I am doing something right!

Dave

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.