The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i dont know what happen my tank was looking great last night and it still looks great today.

just that my tree coral is dead i think:confused: :confused:

The lights in my tank have been on for about 5 hours today and the coral looks the same.:( :(

Here is a pic of what it looked like yesterday and now today :bawling:

Tested my water today also it was,

Nitrate-0
pH-8.32
dKH-9.3
Ca-425
Temp-79
Salinity-1.025

Tim

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I was told I was given a colt coral, but I think it looks more like a tree coral. I never heard of the shedding. I know when mine gets picked at by my coral beauty it curls up like that.

·
11,345 Posts
FWIW tim, dont stress about it yet. Mine has looked that way before, something just ticked him off most likely.......
hes still standing to attention........if he was dead or dying he would droop more than that....

he definitely doesnt look happy but i wouldnt worry aobut it...give it a couple of days.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
looks like a Kenya tree coral to me. They do that from time to time like the others say. I noticed that mine do it when they are getting ready to drop a branch or when something bothers them. Never really seen mine shed. They reproduce by dropping branches, I have had several hundred in my tank at one time or another. They are very hardy corals and the LFS loved them when I brought them in to trade.
It looks like a nice on in the first pic.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
softies like that do that from time to time. My toadstool leather as just closed for 2 weeeks and got covered up in brown and turned out fine.

Give it some time and see what happens. If things dont improve, then ou can worry.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts