The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought an Bubble tip anenome yesterday from petco. had no intention of doing so but the worker showed me the lighting which was 1 t5 and couldn't keep button polyps alive. so instead of waiting a year i though i have 496w of MH and PC's i think he has a better chance in my tank.

So i took him home but not convinved it's a bubble tip, was thinking maybe a sebea. the maroon clown loves it and was in it within minutes but i think it's a sebae. any insight oh and is brine ok to feed em.

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Regardless of whether it is a BTA or Sabae, it is extremely bleached out in my opinion. I would tend to think it is a BTA where it does not have dark dotts on the ends of the tentacles, some sebae's don't. It is hard to tell exactly what it is when it is as bleached as it is, hopefully you will be able to nurse it back to health and get a more accurate id. Hopefully an nem expert will chime in

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thought it was awfully light. but it moved into a shaded area of the tank and has been fully extended or at least what i beleive to be. other than the fact that the clown has been harassing it from the first second. but i would love more insight.
i know my lighting is sufficient, how to feed and how often to feed, and to put him in a lower current but it'll just move where it wants. and dicoloration, bleaching, and gaping mouth are signs of distress. but it looks happy and i had expected it to hide since my lighting is probably 15-20x's stronger.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look like a BTA to me , buy very bleached agreed stands a much better chance with your set up , best of luck Hope it pulls through

·
Registered
320 Posts
keep checking it signs of sickness are not sticky tentacles their tentacles always have to be sticky so touch every once in a while also try to get the clown to give it some rest specially maroon clowns are rough on anemones bcs they harass so much also sign of dead is it it ever detaches from the rock its attached to everyonce in while grab the rock and flip it upside down and see how the foot is holding up. and to get the clown to give it some space its keep moving the rock its attached to to different places in the tank.
good luck even though sebea are an easy anemone to keep relatively.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rather than Brine you should use Mysis shrimp or Krill. they have allot more nutritional value than frozen Brine shrimp.

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well got some mysis and it's day 5 and the nem hasn't moved and also I feed it and it ate and a piece of mysis floated away and my clown grabbed it and brought it right back to it. Looking good not to mention the foot looks healthy too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts