The Reef Tank banner

I new tank build.

39K views 524 replies 7 participants last post by  Wiskey 
#1 ·
I'm Back and will be updating here on my new Tank Build. Looking forward to sharing with everyone. Updates coming soon.

#353 ·
.......Ohhhhh, I bet there's a story here.....
Hack

#356 ·
Your' 'generation' of STAFF seems to have left us peaceful.....still recall some that had to be guided to the curb. But a watchful eye is the best defense.
Hack

#358 ·
I was hoping the blue ridge coral and pink pocillopora would have arrived in great shape, the pocillopora was dead and I didn't know if the blue ridge was, they where after placing in tank for a few days, The sea Fans one still looks bad, one not so great but looks like it will rebound and one is good and 100% OK, I just place my claim and see how that goes

#359 ·
THERE GOES our hopes Jerry......
SORRY to hear about the out come of that shipment Vinnie......we all had our fingers crossed. Let's hope the out come is 'favorable'. Would you hopes be for a refund, or a duplicate shipment?
Hack

#361 ·
Where's the 'fingers crossed icon' located folks?
Hack

#365 ·
Been awhile since my last update, not much has changed lately other then my my thinking. But I can say I will keep corals that appeal to me.
I love SPS but with my health the way it can sometimes be very unpredictable I’m will keep a mixed tank. Not focused on Stoney corals like I have planned.

#366 ·
If you wanted a laugh pal, you should have e seen me hovering over the emojis trying to decide which was appraise.....I couldn't. So posting wins. Sounds like a few of us Vinnie are moving right on through the alphabet since PLAN A's aren't working......,I personally am on hmmmmmm, G?
Glad to hear you are staying in the hobby......it's a tough one to shake.
Hack

#367 ·
I plan on staying as long as I can . Brings me joy. But after this last issue I’m dealing with is giving me a reality check. Since coming back from Atlanta it’s really been a super challenge keeping up with tanks. Seahorse tank being most difficult for me now. The reef is looking good.
but I remember the 80’s and LPS and soft corals made us happy. My first seahorses where in a reef tank. But would never survive my anemone in this. I have thought about moving them into sump while I work on their tank. Just two warm for them

#372 ·
HAPPY was the magic word Vinnie.

Since coming back from Atlanta it’s really been a super challenge keeping up with tanks. Seahorse tank being most difficult for me now. The reef is looking good.
but I remember the 80’s and LPS and soft corals made us happy.
We have to remember 'why we're here'. THAT epiphany was the turning point in my next step forward in this hobby.....SOFTIES make me HAPPY, and by their nature a whole lot less stressful.

Make your life as HAPPY and EASY as possible.....this is your hobby.
Hack

#368 ·
I love mixed tanks! LPS and softies have all the movement that SPS lack, and the bright colors on LPS now are crazy! Plus it's less work. I like the idea, especially if you can grow those corals out to be nice colonies. Too many corals are fragged as soon as they can be these days.

Whiskey

#369 ·
I agree on the movement .
I haven’t shared what happy here. But we made plans to see the aquarium in Atlanta, and during the nights before our visit I go strep throat and couldn’t make it , Kristine and Shelby did go and that was on the 2nd of December and I’m still fighting with long term affects. Being a cancer survivor has made it somewhat difficult

#370 ·
Being a cancer survivor has made it somewhat difficult
We just plumb need an AMEN right about now Folks!

Making 'life easy', and accommodating Family, and adjusting on the fly......VALUABLE WISDOM!

Hack

#375 ·
INSTANT TANK CYCLE!
("I'll be a part of your 'supply chain'......where can I forward my skim mate.....'tank siphon' crud....uhhhh, I mean 'snake oil' to?")
Dog Carnivore Fawn Dog breed Whiskers

Hack

#376 ·
......Oooooops...blasted new computer. There should have been a 'smiley face' in there somewhere.....SORRY!
:p
Hack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.