The Reef Tank banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,887 Posts
I'm not surprised you are having trouble with your Bean,.. when I first setup a tank with new plumbing I had to adjust it quite a bit in the first couple weeks as the plumbing slimed up. Once it did the Bean was pretty stable.

I also struggled with a Bean in the external overflow box until I made the largest gap in water level possible between the full syphon drain, and the trickle drain. I took everything out of the full syphon drain so it was as low as possible and I made the trickle one almost as high as I could then had just a tiny bit of water trickling down it with the emergency just a hair higher. After doing this I pretty
much never had to touch it.

All hail the water change!

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
25,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
I’m happy the macro algae is in the rebound. I will let it go for now, it will be needed for the seahorse tank. I will leave in this tank also just cut it back. You can see a small coral at the base of it in one of the pictures, the cycle is almost complete.
Water Vertebrate Plant Fluid Underwater
Water Natural environment Underwater Fluid Organism

·
Premium Member
25,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
No real updates other then I’m sitting and waiting for the cycle to complete, it’s just about there. It may even be done, I don’t test very much during the cycle. After years of doing it I have learned how to take my time and not rush.,
I will test sometime this week.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,887 Posts
No real updates other then I’m sitting and waiting for the cycle to complete, it’s just about there. It may even be done, I don’t test very much during the cycle. After years of doing it I have learned how to take my time and not rush.,
I will test sometime this week.
I completely agree. Waiting is the hardest part, but it's usually worth it.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
25,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
In 2005 after hurricane Katrina, TRT held an auction to benefit the people of New Orleans, I got one stick and place in my mixed reef 90. Thing was going good until a turbo snail knocked it into another coral and poor Katrina lost the battle. I pulled it from the tank and still have it .
I was looking for a picture of the day I received it , but not on TRT anymore.
Marine invertebrates Mushroom Natural material Cuisine Ingredient

·
Premium Member
25,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Yeah they do grow nice. Nothing better then when your Stoney corals have good growth. Gives you a sense of pride. And you can’t beat the colors. I have a place here that has just about anything you want when it comes to SPS. Nice store also, he will also give you curry from his display tank. He has a 500 gallon Stoney tank. I haven’t talk to him since Ida.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts