The Reef Tank banner
61 - 80 of 290 Posts

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Issue with my overnight shipment of live rock, I paid good money and the address is one number off. I been on the phone with UPS and can’t get them to contact driver, the best is I can go pick it up today, but I have to wait for a call, if I can’t get today, they said Monday . I’m ticked off.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Got the rock, finally someone who took the time to help got me in the driver's phone number and we met up. The first few people were jerks.
Some pictures of the rock before outing in Rubbermaid . Looks nice and even had a rock anemone that cane off the rock, maybe it will survive.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Ok, now the skimmer is skimming the rocks water, had to restrict the air, it will fill cup, feed pump might be too strong.,I want to do a video but haven't figured out how to on the new system

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Well 99% of Pumbing done, just need to make a run to home depot, 4th trip for a couple pieces , I want to make a bypass on the plumbing to pump, so I can add a valve to calcium reactor to feed it and not need a feed pump.
Water will be going in today, going to run Ro/di to tank.
Skimmer is kicking on the rock in Rubbermaid, really pulling out junk.
This is overnight.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I got the tank up and running, had to put live rock in was losing too much life on it All turkey clams died, wick maybe a good thing as it may have killed off any unwanted pests, the Rock anemone survive. Still nice rock as I'm sure things are going pop up. This is just to keep alive. This hurricane really messed me up. But it's all good. I'm using lights only to give them some life.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
It’s hard to tell, I just put the rock in the tank to save it. Will look later for what’s on it and alive, it looks now that there will be more that survived then I thought, I’m seeing still that look good. I think it was the turkeys clams that polluted tub, I pull them out except the completely open and clean . One is still on the rock closed right now, it maybe alive.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Everything has settled down. Need to hook up the skimmer, I have to work out the plumbing, it’s going to be outside the stand. I” still on generator power, it expensive running it 24/7.
my son never got the whole house generator hooked up.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Everything is at a standstill for the time being, waiting for power to come back on line, tank is fine in generator power. But just letting it do it’s thing.

· Super Moderator
33,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Ok, we got power back on, today I need to hook up skimmer, have to plumb it and make some changes to the return line to make work, then I need to make up some water for a water change.

61 - 80 of 290 Posts