The Reef Tank banner
481 - 500 of 505 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
I’m going to have to do some researching on firefish, mine will be going on a year in the tank. Always stay together and have a place under the rock they hide under. They will come out everyday when MHs are on. It’s when I feed.
but every so often they don’t come out for sometimes a week. Then pop out and will for awhile then disappear again.
im thinking they are breeding and taking care of the eggs.Don’t know their mating habits.

·
Administrator
20,471 Posts
.....so THAT'S where that piece of gum got to I spit out when laughing at your latest joke. :ROFLMAO:

Nah......nice Vinnie. is that as BIG as it looks? Looks like a 3-4" chunk?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
33,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
That’s about the size , not a little frag. He has 4 to 5 inch maxima clams for 125. Then take 10% off. But I have a stupid coral beauty. It wouldn’t last. May have to move the CB

·
Administrator
20,471 Posts
You any good with clams.....and ain't talking on the half-shell? Never tried them, but am intrigued buy the tales I hear of the 'common bay clams' folks keep for 'filtration. Think Paul was one who had mentioned that.....and I see some sites mentioning them. NOT in the position now, as you might say, 'I am in flux' at the moment. :unsure: :sneaky:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
33,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·

·
Administrator
20,471 Posts
THAT is a beautiful looking tank/reef Vinnie....very nice job with it. (y)
Hack

·
Just some guy, you know?
40,332 Posts
I'm a little behind here, but your tank is looking great Vinnie!! The growth is coming along very nicely too! I remember you saying a while back that you aren't dosing much because your focus is still on the Seahorse tank, is that still the case? With those monties taking off you might need to soon :)

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
40,332 Posts
That’s about the size , not a little frag. He has 4 to 5 inch maxima clams for 125. Then take 10% off. But I have a stupid coral beauty. It wouldn’t last. May have to move the CB
I have a coral beauty too, and I have two clams in my tank! One of them is a Maxima I picked up for about $100 about a year ago. It was pretty tiny, but it's doubled in size now.
Purple Fluid Organism Underwater Natural material

The Derrasa is much bigger, it just won't stop growing.

Whiskey

481 - 500 of 505 Posts