The Reef Tank banner
441 - 460 of 468 Posts

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
The yellow one is the 'Mimic/Chocolate Tang' right......what's the Brownish one in the foreground? Has a different shape to the face?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Yeah it’s alway been that way. I can never have one tank. But I’m going to have to figure out where all the fry are going into. Probably some tubs from tractor supply or some 55 gallon tanks.

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Yeah it’s alway been that way. I can never have one tank. But I’m going to have to figure out where all the fry are going into. Probably some tubs from tractor supply or some 55 gallon tanks.
They're a good deal.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·

·
Super Moderator
27,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
Looking good Vinnie!! I've never kept a Chocolate Tang, that mature coloration is stunning!

Whiskey
It’s cool looking a the slow changes, he’s also getting that cool tang look. All my fish are nice and fat. I just need to get the UV hooked up. I just don’t want the added heat.

·
Super Moderator
27,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
This tank is neglected because of the time I spend on the seahorse fry. I’m going to start paying more attention to it shortly, start keeping up with the big three. I haven’t tested in months.

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Hey Vinnie......I'm lazy and FORGETFUL......to what end do you require getting a UV going? I use.....well not with my new set up, but 24/7 with my old one. I have a 9W TurboTwist-3, and can't say I noticed much heat. Then again my old system ALWAYS ran hot during the summer months......80 - 86F at times.
If it's smaller/cooler than yours, and you think it would do the trick for you, you're more than welcome to it.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
My up is 40 watt aqua medic, the bulbs put off heat and then if I go with another pump they put off heat.

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,192 Posts
It’s cool looking a the slow changes, he’s also getting that cool tang look. All my fish are nice and fat. I just need to get the UV hooked up. I just don’t want the added heat.
That's funny! I've been considering adding my UV on the tank partly because I'd rather use it than the heater. Mine is tiny, only 15W or so, but with a really slow flow rate it will probably help clarify the water without having a big impact to the system.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,192 Posts
This tank is neglected because of the time I spend on the seahorse fry. I’m going to start paying more attention to it shortly, start keeping up with the big three. I haven’t tested in months.
:oops:

Ha! I've gotten into the habit of texting Alk, Phosphate and Nitrate every Saturday morning while I watch TV and have my first cup of coffee. These days I kind of consider those to be the big 3, CA and Mag track well with Alk these days due to products like Triton Core 7 and Tropic Marin All For Reef. I'm always fighting Phosphate down, and always trying to force Nitrate up.

Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
27,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
It will depend on how you plumb it. If you add a pump it will generate heat also, that why I like DC pumps less heat. But a standard pump will add heat. I’m amazed at how warm my saltwater mixing tub get with a circulation pump.

441 - 460 of 468 Posts