The Reef Tank banner
401 - 420 of 433 Posts

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Yeah, so I'm slow.

THAT is a good place to be........tanks do tend to sort themselves out over time on their own. I see too many newly arrived to the hobby running in circles for 'INSTANT PERFECT'......lot of money to be made off that.

he only thing now is the algae film on glass. But that should come under control when I actually turn on the UV.
Hmmmmmmmm? I haven't reinstalled my UV unit yet......A 9WT unit.
I had originally gotten it to get rid of my 'pea soup' I had for water in my 210 after it ran for 6 months.......cleared to perfect within 2 days. And just out of, 'if it works, leave it alone', I had left it on for the life of my 210. Didn't give it any thought that it may assist with algal growth of 'surfaces'?
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Hey Jerry! Got a new bulb stock pile for THAT. Them I do change out every 6-months, since I can't 'see what it's doing', I have to just change them regularly........and take 'their word' for it doing it's thing.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
My Avast ATO pump failed and I contacted Avast and after troubleshooting it is the pump. They are sending me it looks like the whole system free of charge. All I need is the pump, but they sent tracking # and it has the whole system listed as being sent. The customer service is great. Highly recommend their products.

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
My Avast ATO pump failed and I contacted Avast and after troubleshooting it is the pump. They are sending me it looks like the whole system free of charge. All I need is the pump, but they sent tracking # and it has the whole system listed as being sent. The customer service is great. Highly recommend their products.
I love Avast!!! I won't use any ATO normal level sensor other than theirs, it's the only one that doesn't stick, jam, clog up, or get cloudy affecting readings. I use other sensors for overfull or underful but only theirs for the normal level one that is clicking back and forth all the time. The built in hysteresis is also very nice.

Whiskey

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Love those 'manly Fish', not those, you know, purple ones.......BUT they're suicidal, and I'm a terrible catch, so ain't doing too good with my batting average with them.
Hack

401 - 420 of 433 Posts