The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think I’ll upset the universe and have my sump flow left to right. I was thinking about every set up I have done over the years for myself or customers, the sump ran from right side to left. I think it would mess with my head going left to right. Lol

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My sump runs left to right.
I am probably just backwards.
Are you left handed?just wondering if that would be why, I tend to work everything right to left.,even my darkroom is set up right to left.

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Cleaned the tank so I can polish and also cleaned up the MRC CR 6 reactor, pump is in the process of cleaning. This is one of the original MRC reactors build when the original owner owned it.

·
Administrator
20,506 Posts
Sounds like you're harboring some serious thoughts there Vinnie in the back of your mind.

Between you, and Blair, I'm getting that 7 year itch......careful, I think I detect a twinkle also in Jerry's eyes?
That's what's been missing around here for a while....some good old fashioned 'let's build something'. 👍
Hack

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have a 36 gallon bow front tank and skimmer for it. I am also thinking about setting it up for seahorses, they have always been one of my favorite things in this hobby, I’ve had great success with them and I still have some of my stuff for raising the babies in the attic. I may have to do it.

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Talked to Kristine about doing a seahorse tank and she said go for it, I will be doing another thread for that tank. They will both be done simultaneously.

·
Administrator
20,506 Posts
GREAT having you back Vinnie.....this place is hopping!
A Sea Horse build.....THAT'S been a long time since I've seen one of them. I see Ray J popping in on occasion about Sea Horses, so am sure he'll be stopping by.
Best of luck with it,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Sump needs to cure, I was doing so good with the silicone, then the mess happened, I will clean it up later. It’s not going to have but one large area for the skimmer, I may run the skimmer outside the stand. And do a area for some live rock, don’t know

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The skimmer is larger then any of my life reef skimmers. The footprint is 18x15. But i also have the calcium reactor which is about 12x12 footprint. Have to run it some place .

I originally was going to do side and LPS, but my love for SPS is making me lean towards them. But then I like to do BB but my wife likes sand.

·
Administrator
20,506 Posts
THAT'S the beauty of clear silicone. 😁
Sump needs to cure, I was doing so good with the silicone, then the mess happened, I will clean it up later.
I originally was going to do side and LPS, but my love for SPS is making me lean towards them. But then I like to do BB but my wife likes sand.
It took me a while with our softies tank to understand the true beauty of going BB.....My wife misses the sand, but ain't going back....especially if'n I go through with my new project this winter break.....hoping to go SPS.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Now for the overflow, I hope I have room to make a bean out of it, says it can handle 1600 gallon an hour. Just with 11/2 bulkheads it will be tight. I need to also order 4 1 inch bulk heads for the 4 holes on the sides of tank for a closed loop. I will just put them in and block for now.

21 - 40 of 507 Posts