The Reef Tank banner
321 - 340 of 364 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Yes , no one here gets them, I don’t go to the one place in Baton Rouge, they aren’t common, I think because of the regulations, I don’t think you can harvest them at all. They are now only aquaculture ones now.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Yeah ain't sure what has changed, but something sure has over the past 2 years as far as Coral supplies. Even the 'common stuff' is scarce or STUPID priced. I wasn't sure if it was 'regulations', shipping issues, or labor......but there's no denying Corals are tough to find. AND I'M HAPPY with buying maricultured Corals.....would prefer them....,but SCARCE as hen's teeth.

May have to sell my 'maricultured' frags with a wee mark up this winter. 🤔 😁
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
The guy I buy from in Baton Rouge pretty much grows most in colonies in all the display tank. He great cut the skimmer in his display because he didn’t have any frags.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Had a furniture repair chap over this week while I was at work, and Jen told me how he was drooling over our reef......said he had a small tank, but has never seen soooooo much Coral! Drats.....she should have gotten a number. But THAT is a fairly common reaction when folks come in the front door.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
The first two photos are with and the 2nd two are without a of the filters, the other is not as orange. Have to see which is better, I got it for the trip to the Atlanta Aquarium
Purple Underwater Coastal and oceanic landforms Marine biology Coral

Water Blue Natural environment Purple Underwater

Water Marine invertebrates Purple Plant Blue

Water Blue Purple Fluid Underwater

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
I don't know Pal.....seems to have made your 2nd photo blurry. 🤣 Nah.....if'n the concept is to get rid of the 'blue' and show a more natural color, I think it's doing a fantastic job......especially for only $35.00 bucks!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
You could get technical and get a spectrograph then get a custom made filter to correct. Only run you a few grand.
Or buy one of these for 35 bucks. Clips on phone. I have all kinds of filters for my darkroom, but they are large and a real hassle holding in place

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
I don't know Pal.....seems to have made your 2nd photo blurry. 🤣 Nah.....if'n the concept is to get rid of the 'blue' and show a more natural color, I think it's doing a fantastic job......especially for only $35.00 bucks!
Hack
Yeah, that was me, I didn’t take my time
Northern Seahorse Marine invertebrates Syngnathiformes Underwater Plant

Flower Plant Marine invertebrates Botany Underwater

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Been waiting on my shipment from liveaquaria, it’s lost. Not showing up today. Maybe tomorrow, it coral so it should be ok another day. But my blue ridge coral is in that shipment.
so I cleaned the glass, and added some rock to display from the sump, I wantyto free up some room in the sump to add more that I have.
here are the photos of the tank after. I created more caves for the fish.
Water Marine invertebrates Purple Fluid Organism

Water Plant Purple Pet supply Organism

Plant Water Purple Marine invertebrates Underwater

Water Purple Marine invertebrates Fluid Underwater

Water Plant Vertebrate Purple Natural environment

Purple Organism Fish supply Water Marine invertebrates

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Vinnie, shipping has really taken a hit with this pandemic.....I'm afraid to ship any more. :eek: Was your order 'NEXT DAY' I'm guessing......and is LiveAquaria gonna stand behind damages? That's the other thing......I think Jerry and a few others had mentioned they were bought out by PetCo? Watching their site, which has been our gold standard referring people to for 'recommendations' doesn't seem to have changed their high standards.
Hope your shipment arrives safe n sound tomorrow Pal.
Hack

321 - 340 of 364 Posts