The Reef Tank banner
301 - 320 of 364 Posts

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
......Speaking of 'girly fish', has anyone seen Tim around lately?

I love Firefish......the plain CHEAPer ones, but having my tank uncovered they always seem to take up 'surfing' or killing eachother. BUT I still love em.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Last time I was at the lfs I was checking out a display tank , it had a huge green green Kenya tree, it was a good foot in size the color was bright and beautiful green. It’s something I would like to have.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Never seen one Vinnie.... 🤔 .....sure having trouble deciding 'my way forward' Pal, and THAT's a perfect example of my issues....,,,I still love my softies, and there's sooooooo much I've yet to learn/.find/.enjoy.....
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Never seen one Vinnie.... 🤔 .....sure having trouble deciding 'my way forward' Pal, and THAT's a perfect example of my issues....,,,I still love my softies, and there's sooooooo much I've yet to learn/.find/.enjoy.....
Hack
It would be great in seahorse tank. It’s a slower growing coral compared to the common one. But it would be nice in my reef also. I love Sps but wouldn’t mine have a little of a mix

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Yeah the more I think about what types of corals,I think I’m going to go mixed and stay away from high demand Stoney coral, but do want some monti caps and other less demanding. The seahorse tank and fry that I will work on raising going to take a good amount of time.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
They usually have them in the diver’s den.
I hate to pay all that shipping and can’t really afford enough to get free shipping right now.
Yeah shipping is alway a drag, you have to purchase enough to get the free shipping. They also have 20% off if you spend 180.00.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Yes, looks great.
Still wouldn’t mind getting a jellyfish, have not researched life span though, would hate to buy one every year or two.
There are designs to DIY a tank but I would have to research live span to see if it would be worth it.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
From what I read they are short lived, maybe two years, I think some are longer. Not sure how much. I got that to raise seahorse fry in. But it’s big and show quality, I have thought about try jellyfish

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
THANKS VINNIE for the heads up on the Blue Ridge at LA.....I'll go look THAT up now that I'm home. 👍

Don't think I could ever keep a Jelly tank.....BUT they are one of my favorite attractions at public aquariums, and are absolutely mesmerizing!
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Nice catch Vinnie! Coral Beauties are well named.

As fast as I could check out LiveAquaria, the Blue Ridge Corals were out of stock already......DRATS!
But THANKS for the heads up......HEY JERRY.....that wasn't you was it that bought them all up trying to get FREE SHIPPING was it? 😁
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Is THAT where you got your's from Vinnie?
Hack

301 - 320 of 364 Posts