The Reef Tank banner
281 - 300 of 511 Posts

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Did a water change today about 30 to 40 percent, coralline stating to pop up on Bottom of tank. Fish all doing great eating and healthy. I did add a 3600 gph power head and tomorrow may add another one plus the smaller on at rear of tank. HA is pretty much gone. Tangs help finish it off

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Ignorant on the subject Vinnie, but do you/will you/CAN YOU keep different species of Sea Horses in the same tank?
Hack

· Super Moderator
33,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Ignorant on the subject Vinnie, but do you/will you/CAN YOU keep different species of Sea Horses in the same tank?
Hack
Yes you can, it’s funny how you get to know the day and time of day they will have babies, it’s like clockwork, the same it clowns, and they always hatched about the same time at night. Seahorses always gave birth during the day. I would be ready to siphon out

· Just some guy, you know?
40,343 Posts
I asked him if he ever get blue ridge and the answer was no
Honestly,.. it's a weird coral for this, but it seems to be kindof obscure. I don't think I've ever seen it for sale, and I had no idea what it was.

Maybe we can do a long distance trade when your tank is ready. I'm doing some online ordering so I have a couple of those cooler boxes for shipping.

Whiskey

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Mushrooms, Kenya Trees and GSPs I can bless Ya with whenever you get the urge/need.
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
It's hard at times remembering just 'who's thread' I'm on......after bit we all blur together, which is GREAT,,,,,but confusing.
Blueridge Coral, and Cactus Corals are some on my radar.....AIN'T looking real hard, but will find some eventually. Jerry has the Cactus Corals I believe.....and He's also on the prowl for the Blueridge.
Hack

· Super Moderator
33,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I would probably stay away from Euphelia, open brains, and SPS because I've found those to be particularly sensitive over the years, but acans, blastos, any softies/zoas, chalice, etc would do great I'm sure!

Whiskey
There are a lot of SPS that aren’t as difficult as others. I was doing good with chalice, SPS in my 120, everything was growing until the flood. I live chalices for sure.
I been wanting a elegant coral for ever. But they went from surviving, to real difficult and now I hear the ausi elegance do good.

· Super Moderator
33,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Update on the hair algae, all gone, tangs finished off the little that was left. So does vibrant work, I have to think it helps. But adding the tang and more flow I’m sure help also. Without good flow stuff collects on rock will feed it also.

· Just some guy, you know?
40,343 Posts
Update on the hair algae, all gone, tangs finished off the little that was left. So does vibrant work, I have to think it helps. But adding the tang and more flow I’m sure help also. Without good flow stuff collects on rock will feed it also.
I love tangs, they do such a great job of taking care of minor issues.

Whiskey

281 - 300 of 511 Posts