The Reef Tank banner
201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,945 Posts
I'm just not the best at siphoning out the sand bed and I know it. I do miss not being able having some of the small critters.

I have to hand it to the ones who sanded is always so clean looking
I wish I could keep mine in the front of the tank. With the way my flow is setup mine is normally half BB.

Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Maybe the seahorse tank , I may put sand in. I’m not getting seahorses to breed and raise this time around, even those I have some of my fry tanks I built years ago, to much work. I used to run my seahorse tanks BB . But this time it will just be for enjoyment.

·
Administrator
16,827 Posts
Water Vertebrate Organism Underwater Fish

Yeah, but these little fellas are fairly awesome too......they just play beneath the rock work in our BB. Never see them having to dig sand out of the way. ?

Would put up more pictures of stuff, but system is acting wonky.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Been playing with the lights, right now I only have the reef Breeders fixture on , it’s was set for when the 120 was loaded with Sps, I forgot how to set but figured it out, I was to turn it down in the beginning and work back up. The kessils I will add later when needed. . This fixture was great and not old when the house flooded, so plenty of use left, the kessils are used a little more. But still in great shape.

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Well the light didn’t work as planned, thinking I didn’t set it correctly or pushed the wrong button. I guess will try again today.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,945 Posts
Been playing with the lights, right now I only have the reef Breeders fixture on , it's was set for when the 120 was loaded with Sps, I forgot how to set but figured it out, I was to turn it down in the beginning and work back up. The kessils I will add later when needed. . This fixture was great and not old when the house flooded, so plenty of use left, the kessils are used a little more. But still in great shape.
Nice that you had those still. The lighting is a really big ticket item these days.

Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Yeah, but I have it another shot.
Lights are really high ticket items. I did keep some equipment over time like the octopus skimmer, MR 6 reactor and even stuff from Kansas,

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Two days but happy to say I got the lights figured out. Set the time and intensity lower and shorter run times for now.

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
My 49 watt UV came in today from katick, Gary today , now time to figure out how I want to plumb into system.,
Wood Grey Audio equipment Electricity Gas

·
Administrator
16,827 Posts
NICE! What's your primary use for the UV Vinnie? I run my 9 watt to keep 'green water' at bay with all the windows in the front room......works amazing for THAT.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
I’m gonna try and tune it in to handle algae and parasites. It’s large enough to handle both. May not be totally efficient on either but should control both to an extent. I think it will be effective

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Going to see if my son can help me today with finishing the stand, skinning it and closing it in, I also want to start on the UV installation. I want to install vertical so it will have to be mounted on outside of stand, for easy access

·
Administrator
16,827 Posts
Hmmmmmm.... 🤔 Is there any reason we can't?
Hack
I want to install vertical so it will have to be mounted on outside of stand, for easy access

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Yeah , I’m glad to have it. Was a great deal and being 40 watts should be nice. I think I can get to be really efficient. When I did installs on customers tanks and sumps I always installed UV’s.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts