The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I picked up the lumber to start the stand, for now I will be using reefbreeder's and kessil for lighting, I have my RO/DI, still. not sure on the sump yet. I was going to make one out of a 75 gallon tank, but the stand wide have to be too wide. the tank is a odd size , 60X18 X 16 tall . need to polish it some , not bad.
The reason I'm setting this particular tank up was given to me from Rick and Tonya of the Aquarium in Old Town, Wichita Ks. I worked din the shop some years ago and after being open in that location for 28 years they relocated and had this tank they didn't use. So now I have a piece of the shop. LOL

Plant Table Wood Outdoor bench Shade

Attachments

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
Good morning Vinnie.
Will this be set up against a wall, or a 'peninsula' setup?

I might even be using the term 'peninsula' all wrong in my thinking......I think it means, 'one end against a wall with the length of the tank sticking out from it'?

I love my 'island' set up with this 210 of our's, but 'IF' I revamp, and down size the goal will be to create more room out there. So I'm thinking a 'peninsula' or flat against the wall this time.

Hack

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning Vinnie.
Will this be set up against a wall, or a 'peninsula' setup?

I might even be using the term 'peninsula' all wrong in my thinking......I think it means, 'one end against a wall with the length of the tank sticking out from it'?

I love my 'island' set up with this 210 of our's, but 'IF' I revamp, and down size the goal will be to create more room out there. So I'm thinking a 'peninsula' or flat against the wall this time.

Hack
It will be up against the wall, that way if I want to hook up my MRC 6 calcium reactor, I can kind of hide it to one side. Not sure if I will use it . Haven’t really made up my mind on what types of corals I want to do.

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to make a run into town and decide on what I’m doing for a sump, I have a 75 gallon tank but it’s kind of an overkill, the amount of room it will tank under tank. I’m going to check out some shops and see if they have any used ones.
If not maybe check out a 40 breeder tank.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
All puns intended......coming together nicely Bro! Yeah, gotta look close at them tubes of goop......they sneak stuff in there sheepishly to raise revenues.

Bulk Reef bought out Marine Depot right? Notice any bargains?
Hack

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
A bean animal is a good choice.
My 65 has a Herbie due to the fact I didn’t have room in the overflow I had to do a bean.
Maybe you can use the extra for a closed loop.

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I
A bean animal is a good choice.
My 65 has a Herbie due to the fact I didn’t have room in the overflow I had to do a bean.
Maybe you can use the extra for a closed loop.
was thing about that. Eliminate the need for additional power heads

1 - 20 of 215 Posts