The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a neon goby in my FOWLR that i need to remove and put in a separate tank. He is harassing my antenna shrimp goby to death and won't let him eat and the shrimp goby is always having to hide from the neon goby. I need to get the neon goby out so the shrimp goby can start eating normally and get bigger so he can defend himself (hopefully the neon will forget about him when I add him back in later?). I don't know what to do...it's been going on for a few months now, and i'm tired of never being able to see the shrimp goby b/c he always has to hide:( Any help would be appreciated:)

·
Registered
802 Posts
use the two liter bottle trick. cut the top off an inch or so before it begins to taper. flip the top upside down into the bottle, put some food in there and see if he goes in. once he does, they typically can't get out.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
use the two liter bottle trick. cut the top off an inch or so before it begins to taper. flip the top upside down into the bottle, put some food in there and see if he goes in. once he does, they typically can't get out.
Sounds like a good idea thank you...but i am a little confused of how the top goes in the bottle still...any pictures? thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used that trick, well something similar.....Same Idea, cut the tapered part to have an opening. What I did is tied fishing line to each end, both single lines, controlled by one in each hand, put some food in there, let him swim in, and pull the line thats on the top, it will invert the bottle bringing the top to the water surface to where he cant swim out....

·
Registered
802 Posts
I used that trick, well something similar.....Same Idea, cut the tapered part to have an opening. What I did is tied fishing line to each end, both single lines, controlled by one in each hand, put some food in there, let him swim in, and pull the line thats on the top, it will invert the bottle bringing the top to the water surface to where he cant swim out....
nice!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts