The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 gallon 60L X 18W X 26T my tank has been going for about 6 years. I have a Odyssea 322w 60" fixture. I bought on Ebay It has a total of 4 main bulbs 2 1200k daylight one is 96w the other is 65w and 2 true actinic bulbs one is 96w and the other 65w there are also 10 moon led's. I wanted to add two 250w MH bulbs to the tank maybe 15k or 20k but don't know allot about lighting. Or should I add another lighting fixture as above? Any intelligent input would be very helpful. My tank has 6 fish and a hand full of soft corals, and will be adding more soft corals after I get my lighting up to par Thanks Wes

· Just send me a PM ;)
16,985 Posts
My suggestion is to avoid eBay lighting (unless it is a known quality component) 95% of the time. The Odyssea fixtures are not UL listed and are known to be of poor quality (hence the price comparatively).

IME, lighting is the key to a healthy tank, and is pretty much one of two areas that you absolutely pay for what you get and really can't afford to skimp on.

If you are looking to go with halides, I suggest going with a quality known brand fixture like the Coralife units, or going with a known brand pendant. My personal preference is for individual pendants which I recommend the Lumenmax Elites for. I also suggest Icecap ballasts or the Sunlight Supply Galaxy ballasts for a true plug and play with those particular fixtures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.