The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I really nedd a sump for the 58 gallon I am going to put up. The max tank dimensions are 30"x18"x?" I was hoping a 40 breeder would work, but I dont think I can get it to fit under the stand. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I have also seen the generic acryilic sumps on ebay- any opinions of these?
Derek

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to get a little more volume than a 20, but that may be my only choice.
Also... Doesn't oceanic make sumps? I want something with baffles so I can use sponge filters.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
20H was what I used, It left just enough room to run a OceanRunner 2500 externally with virtually no room to spare ( maybe 2" tops ).

Really, I don't think you can go any longer if you do plan to run an external pump. Which for heat reasons with such small water volumne as 58g, I personally wouldn't run anything submersable.

Oceanic sump are pretty overpriced and don't come in custom sizes. They are basically just a standard tank with some cheap baffles in there. I have an older style on the church tank and at least has sturdy glass baffles but the new style is just flimsy plastic inserts...

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on using a mag 7 as a return with a pretty large skimmer. I want to get the largest skimmer I can afford. I figure since I am condensing my show tank that I should do it the best way possible.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
What kind of skimmer ya got in mind?

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know yetEither some thing custom or some thing nice. Maybe 8" with two sedras or OR2700.?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
AGA model 2 sump might work for ya, i have a model 4 on my 30 and its holding up good i believe the model 2 is about 230

1 - 11 of 11 Posts