The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys wifee wants me to have a new 40" to 50" HD tv I have no clue what brand to get plasma or whatever can you help us decide?:beer:

·
Registered
163 Posts
wow. if my wife told me she wanted me to have another big screen, i'd have to wonder what SHE would want two weeks later. i have a 55" sony and i LOVE it, my wife said it was too big? but thats coming from someone who said our last vacation was too long. go figure.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a SONY 51" HD, Widescreen and it is great...I also hear good thing about the LGP TV's mine is a projection and its been good to me.. My wife also said it was too big but my next is going to be a 60" LOL. If I got a flat screen I would want to hang it on my celing in my bedroom so I could be very comfortable!!

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
Go with LCD or projection; plasma's fade in brightness over time.

LCD's will last as long as an LED, 20,000 to 100,000 hours; but the backlight will need to be replaced every five years with normal use. Projectors and projection TV's use an LCD array, but you see the projected image of it; I think the bulbs in those last for up to 3 years. Plasmas are practically thousands of little fluorescent light bulbs; the reason they fade and die early.

I'm waiting on buying a flat screen until OLED TVs come out -- 3 or so years from now.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I looked at the projection ones and didnt like the pics to bluury from side angles the led were more expensive thanks the plasma so she got me a plasma have it hooked up on the floor testing it right now and the pic is awesome.:) Love it so far .:beer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Kelli,Got a $200 monster power surge protector this thing is heavy and awesome should protect it good.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
LOL My husband insists on all Monster cables ect
He just called Direct TV to upgrade 1 of our dishes to the 5 lmb??? Not sure if it's the right term So we can get Locals in HD over the roof antenna and Direct TV

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats cool Kelli,I just discovered the monster cables they are sweet I might have to get some tomorrow,I will hang this baby on the wall tomorrow and clean up the cables some and try to make it look neat
I can sure see the screen on this bad boy!:dance:

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Tim224DT said:
Hehe kelli it says it on the box what size it is in his pic:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah Monster makes nice cables and surge strips! They are the way to go with nice TV's like that and really if you live in FL with power surges like crazy here!!!:angry: :angry:

Tim
Yeah Ok Next time I'll enlarge the pic I think I need new glasses :)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope I can get this thing on the wall and have it stay there would hate to drop the sucker.:doh:

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Tim224DT said:
:beer: :beer: Glad i could help:beer: :beer:

I am just teasing you Kelli it is my job didnt you know that?:agree: :agree:

Tim
Just wait soon I'll be asking for larger fonts like Doug :doh:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts