The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having trouble levelling my 75g tank. it is a 1/2 inch higher on the right side, and slopes down a 1/2 inch to left side of the tank. i tried everything i can think of. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
get some styrofoam and pit it under the length of the tank, then the weight will let it "settle" or so i heard!

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rihanssu said:
get some styrofoam and pit it under the length of the tank, then the weight will let it "settle" or so i heard!
i cant put styrofoam under the tank, the top of the stand where the tank sits is open. only about a 1/2" ledge all the way around the stand where the frame of the tank sits. but other wise the the rest of the bottom of the tank is not sitting on anything...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Use shims from HD or menards. That is the best way. unless you want to install leveling casters on it.

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok yall, i must be real dumb here or dont understand the laws of physics real well. I have about 15 gallons of water in the tank, since i was cleaning it out, and when i was looking at the water level in the tank. the water level is higher on the right hand side of the tank and lower on the left side by 1/2" . so i decided to put the good ol level on the tank. according to my level, the right side of the tank needs raised, the left side front, the middle front, and the right side front. Now does this make sense to you guys? or am i missing something? if the right side of the tank is lower then the left, wouldnt the water be higher on the left side of the tank?

if you were in this position, where would you place the shims under the tank? left front, middle front, right front, and on the right side of the stand in the middle of the width of the stand?

help plz.... im lost..... :doh:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The right side should be the one that needs to be raised. The side with the higher water level is the side that needs to come up. If you exagerate it a bit it might be easier to understand why. Water will accumulate at the low spot, so in order to get the water up to the level of the high side you will already have water on the lower side and thus a higher water level. Hope that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts