The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i don't have any info on the water but i left friday evening returned to day in the evening and there is brown algae all over everything. i'm like wtf now what do i do? also my hamilton 2x96 isn't working i came home to find the actinic on and the white off. so i turn it off switch the blue and white around, and only one of the lights will light off so it's not the bulb, my guess is it might be the end cap. what do you all think?

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
how old is the tank? if it is new than the brown algae is just a normal sign of a tank cycling. it should go away in a few days.

i would try cleaning the contacts in in the end caps. do you know if the lights are in series, or on seperate ballasts? it may be the ballast if they are on seperate ballasts.

HTH,

G~

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tank has been cycling for about a month now, as for the lights they are in series since they only have one ballast, i think hamilton just did a crappy job on these lights. thanks

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
welcome to the uglies. :D

depending on the amount of nutrients in the system. the uglies can last quite a while. how well did you rinse the sand before putting it in the tank? did you use tap water or RO/DI water to fill the tank?

G~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.