The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first the figi LR and my question..........the first picture shows a figi LR with alot of orange, green and other colors on it...........the second pic is a cultures figi LR with alot of green, red , and every other color on it..................is this coraline ?????????????

the last pic is my yellow tang who was not eating anything but the alage in my tank for the first 3 days and i got him a pack of green marine alage strips by ocean nutrition and he now looks like a well feed tang..............my question is how much and how often(every day?) should i put a strip in on the clip?????????he does peck at the LR alot is that his normal wildlife habbit??????

sorry my atinics were on only..............

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Yes coraline has many different colors......

Tangs love lots of algae. I would add a piece every day to the clip that is 2"x2". If he eats all that then you can add a little more during the day it wont hurt anything. The more algae he eats the better he will be. Yes that is their normal nature to pick at the rocks all day long eating algae off of them.

Tim

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool .......i am happy with this tang.........he is very active and he just picks and picks and picks at the LR all day

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i saw a pic of that Chevron Tang ..........thats pretty cool ........i have never seen that b4

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
agreed. Tangs are one of the few fish that you probably should feed daily. (they are grazers, and have smaller stomachs)

The key is getting the right size piece, AND removing whatever isn't eaten in 2-3 hours. After that, the left-over nori starts to break down quickly, and leech some major phosphates into your water.

Also to minimize the amount that gets torn off, and not eaten (floats around, then gets trapped in filters/etc), fold the piece up a few times, THEN clip it.

Also, note that when you put the clip up, that will be your BEST shot at getting some good pics (notice the red clip in the upper left hand corner of my avatar!? hahahaha) Any other time, they move around WAY to quick! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts